How best can people know their rights or claim same except through awareness, education and training. How best can people learn to maintain peace? How best can justice be promoted and applied? To an ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Centre-for-African-Justice-Peace-and-Human-Rights/opportunities/Graphic-Designer/41489 to join
SummaryDesign posts for social media and reports using Canva and contribute to peace, justice, and human rights as fundamental pillars of global development.
Centre For African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
GENERAL INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER DETAILS
6 months (with extension possibilities)
Part Time (15-20h/week - flexible)
English (knowledge of Dutch will be considered an advantage)
The Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights (CAJPHR) is a Foundation which promotes the development and addresses matters pertaining justice, peace and human rights. Through training, awareness campaigns and events, people in Africa and around the world are provided with the necessary support and capacity to protect victims of human rights abuses and to promote peace, justice and human rights in their communities. The Foundation is located in The Hague and seeks to develop various events and activities this year which will be taking place in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are looking for a Designer to provide support to the CAJPHR’s Social Media Team. As a designer, you are mainly expected (but not limited) to design and publish content to our website and Social Media platforms.
- Maintain branding standards for Centre for African Justice
- Design publications (magazines, posters, posts).
- Create, design and coordinate the publication of team's quarterly magazine.
- Design and prepare engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals
- Ensure that the social media team is well synchronized and up to date with the work of the Centre.
- Develop ideas for the strategic and sustainable growth of the social media visibility of the Centre.
- Assist in managing our social media accounts
- Increase awareness and internet traffic to our online accounts
- Illustrate the international development and the issues facing Africa
- Create, maintain, organize various documents on digital platforms
Required skills and competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven skills using Google Analytics, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram social media tools
- Knowledge on how to design using the Canva platform, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work calmly under pressure and to work independently
- Experience in the NGO sector (is a plus)
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit the CV and a Cover Letter explaining their interest and related previous experience and to: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted and treated on a rolling basis; Applicants are therefore, advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Information about the Social Media team
This multidisciplinary team supports all of the Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights’ (CAJPHR) activities and works directly on the goal of creating awareness about the African situation and challenges shared by African states through our digital platforms. The team is engaged in creating virtual designs, promoting events, publishing magazines, structuring quotes for international celebrations, posting social media content, recording/editing videos, and managing the Foundation’s website and the Database’s website. The Social Media Team’s efforts contribute to the improvement of the Centre’s engagement with the society, increases our visibility to third parties, and encourages partners to join our work.
About Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights
1) Prosecuting sexual violence perpetrated against the male gender (In conflict - and peace situations)
2) Legal research with possibility of field work
3) Capacity building of prosecutors, lawyers and judges in Africa
4) Women empowerment
5) Promotion of peace
The Utopie program group is looking for volunteersYou help to organize public socially relevant discussions, debates, concerts or exhibitions.Posted by Grandcafé Utopie
PR social media fanVind jij het leuk om te schrijven? Ben je creatief en goed met social media? En heb jij ideeën om de zichtbaarheid van de Mini-maatschappij te vergroten?
Posted by Stichting de Mini-maatschappij Gewoon Anders