The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is an independent, non-profit foundation based in The Hague. It collects and preserves the life stories of expatriates worldwide for research.
The team is ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Expatriate-Archive-Centre/opportunities/Archival-Volunteer/55479 to join
SummaryVarious tasks, like cataloguing, creating descriptions, scanning etc. Some tasks require the volunteer's presence at our offices, some can be done from home.
The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers.
Volunteers help process our growing collection. Depending on the size and type of the project, volunteers work individually or as part of a small team.
The tasks may consist of:
• Cataloguing digital or physical documents such as correspondence, diaries, publications, photos;
• Creating new archival and content descriptions and checking existing ones for errors and completeness;
• Creating an arrangement system and reference codes;
• Scanning of the material.
• Interest in social history and the archiving thereof;
• Capability to structure and organise on a very detailed level;
• Fluency in English;
• Experience in Excel;
• Experience in archiving or records management is ideal;
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week for at least six months.
• Training on the job;
• Professional work environment;
• An opportunity to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills.
All volunteers need to have a valid working permit for the European Union, whether working at the EAC office or remotely.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please apply to this volunteer vacancy or send us your CV and a brief motivational letter to [email protected]
About Expatriate Archive Centre
The team is supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and interns of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC prides itself on offering a welcoming environment. It runs a range of programmes designed to help volunteers to develop their skills and competencies.