The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) is an independent, non-profit foundation based in The Hague. It collects and preserves the life stories of expatriates worldwide for research.
The team is ...
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Expatriate-Archive-Centre/opportunities/Library-Volunteer/55480 to join
SummaryOur library contains print, audio-visual, and electronic resources with the primary focus of providing volunteers and researchers on-site access.
The Expatriate Archive Centre collects and preserves original source material documenting the social history of expatriate life for academic researchers.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Library Volunteer:
• Minimum of 1 day (6 hours) per week;
• Further develop and maintain cataloguing and shelving procedures for a small library;
• Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic resources;
• Further develop and maintain an accurate inventory of resources;
• Enter cataloguing data into the library’s cataloguing system;
• Process resources to make available for use;
• Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
• Knowledge of the organisation and structure of a small library;
• Experience with library software and online bibliographic utilities is a must;
• Good command of spoken and written English;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• A proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
• Be able to volunteer a minimum of one day per week for at least six months.
• Training on the job;
• Professional work environment;
• An opportunity to enhance your computer, archiving, and management skills.
All volunteers need to have a valid working permit for the European Union, whether working at the EAC office or remotely.
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please apply to this volunteer vacancy or send us your CV and a brief motivational letter directly to [email protected].
About Expatriate Archive Centre
The team is supported by an enthusiastic team of volunteers and interns of different backgrounds, nationalities, and ages.
The EAC prides itself on offering a welcoming environment. It runs a range of programmes designed to help volunteers to develop their skills and competencies.