Web Developers | Front end
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Viable-Community/opportunities/Web-Developers--Front-end/76887 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a self-motivated individual able to bring tasks to completion
Our UI/UX team has completed their design for our new website and we are looking for reinforcements to our web developers team
The full scope of the project:
- general website with a paygate for donations
- volunteer portal with a user interface for our volunteers to access their work
- marketplace to trade products and services
- additional Website that promotes the sale of our tokens that represent investments in the commercial side of our sustainable AgriVoltaic projects
- next js
- good Ui development knowledge
- Knowledge of developing an e-commerce site is preferable
Who we are:
Welcome to Viable Community, a non-profit organization rooted in the European Union. At the heart of our mission is the establishment of community-managed projects dedicated to the preservation and regeneration of nature.
Currently, we have around 40 active volunteers and a project in the conceptual/development phase which will combat desertification in Extremadura, Spain.
We will cover the soil with solar panels (AgriVoltaics) and give space to indigenous vegetation. We then integrate regenerative agriculture to create an opportunity for people to invest, as well as donate, their time, money and efforts
For more information visit our website - https://www.viable.community
After months of hard work, we are opening up to new volunteers again.
Would you like to help preserve and regenerate nature in the most efficient and innovative ways?
Are you able to self-motivate and bring tasks to completion?
we are looking for people who
- take initiative and can keep things simple in a start-up environment
- like to become part of the Viable Team and build/boost/transform this organization
- can take on the responsibility to self finish tasks, coordinate tasks, make decisions while requesting and including the circle’s participants’ input
- are willing (to learn) to work in our digital office, using Google workspace in the cloud and Download Slack for your phone and/or desktop
- Check in at least twice a week
Our way of working
- Short, focused weekly coordination meetings: These sessions aim to enhance efficiency and collaboration. The emphasis is on quick, targeted discussions that facilitate seamless task execution. In these meetings, teams come together to discuss:
- personal progress on assigned tasks
- what’s needed to finish the task (identify potential obstructions)
- assign tasks, set the sprint for the upcoming week.
- Circle governance meetings: These sessions are scheduled when there are enough topics to discuss. In these sessions we can come up with new suggestions, discuss processes and vote on certain topics. We can decide on who’s responsible for what and who will be coordinating
- TechStack: Google workspace (Drive, Meet, Calendar, Mail, Docs, Sheets) | Slack (chat based communication platform) | ClickUp (task management system) | Canva (graphic design tool) | Figma (web design) | Github (Web Development) | LinkedIn (People, PR, Marketing and content creation) |
- We encourage volunteers to take part in activities of other circles to create cross circle engagement and more organizational cohesion.
What we offer
- Skill building: We offer you work experience with our digital office tools but also various development opportunities, including taking on more responsible roles and training/knowledge sessions such as the recent feedback training, to support ongoing professional but certainly also your personal development. We encourage people to exchange knowledge and skills
- Engaging meetings and off-site activities like the beach picnics, park gathering and the upcoming African cooking and dancing workshop
- A collaborative and supportive environment: We prioritize creating a work culture where every team member has the opportunity to thrive, contributing effectively to our shared goals.
- Professional digital tools/workspace: slack, google drive, canva, figma, ClickUp, github etc
- Network building
- Being part of the creation of a great organization in its early days
- 8 hours a week but ideally more
- Flexibility to complete tasks when you are available
- Remote role that can be based anywhere
- Requires a computer and a good internet connection.
- General onboarding, induction training
- Online Tools: Google Workspace, Slack and ClickUp (optional)
To apply, please complete our Volunteer Application Form and we’ll contact you.