Nature protection and (re) generation
Carbon Offsetting Consultant
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Viable-Community/opportunities/Carbon-Offsetting-Consultant/64836 to join
SummaryThe Viable Community is looking for volunteers with experience in carbon offsetting to help us build and shape our mission to protect and preserve nature.
The role will involve providing guidance and advice to our organisation and working closely with local communities where our projects are based. You will help these communities to reduce their carbon emissions and develop strategies to offset these emissions through verified carbon reduction projects. We are looking for self motivated volunteers with initiative who are not afraid to jump in and take the lead.
- Provide advice and guidance on carbon offsetting programs, including calculating carbon emissions, selecting appropriate offset projects, and evaluating the environmental and social impact of those projects.
- Work with local communities to assess their current carbon footprint, and develop and implement carbon reduction strategies to offset those emissions.
- Help us to build and develop relationships with carbon offsetting project developers.
- Conduct research and analysis on the latest trends and best practices in carbon offsetting, and provide recommendations to help us build carbon reduction strategies.
- Help us to communicate complex carbon offsetting concepts to our supporters in a clear and concise manner, and build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
If you have a degree in environmental science, sustainability, or a related field or experience in carbon offsetting, sustainability, or environmental consulting we would love to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a project to protect and preserve nature, while developing your skills and expanding your network. If you are passionate about sustainability and have the skills and experience we are looking for please get in touch.
For more information visit our website - https://www.viable.community/
What you’ll get out of volunteer with the Viable Community
- The chance to meet and work with a experienced international team of wonderful volunteers
- Opportunities to learn and grow including training, workshops and networking
- Insight and experience in an organization that works in a different way. We have a Bottom Up Management approach, Self Managing teams and we are working to integrate Holacracy practices
- The opportunity to help make a real change with the potential for paid positions in the future
- An induction with our HR coordinator and training for our online tools such as G-Suite, Slack and ClickUp
- 6 hours a week but ideally more.
- Meetings every 2 weeks, usually in the evenings around 8pm for 1 to 2 hours.
- Flexibility to complete tasks when you are available.
- Remote role that can be based anywhere
- Requires a computer and good internet connection.
To apply, complete our Volunteer Application Form.