Would you like to contribute to the scouting program? Become a Cub Leader!
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Scouting-Haagse-Hout/opportunities/Would-you-like-to-contribute-to-the-scouting-program-Become-a-Cub-Leader/67018 to join
SummaryWe are looking for leadership for the Cubs (7-11 years old). No experience required! Together with other management, you ensure pleasant and educational gatherings and camps.
The Welpen run once a week on Saturday morning from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm. Outside these meetings, you as a leadership team prepare the program and the (weekend) camps.
Scouting Haagse Hout is affiliated with Scouting Nederland. It is a small association with about 60 youth members that focuses on the Bezuidenhout and Mariahoeve districts. The group consists of the game branches cubs, scouts and explorers and thus offers children from 7 to 18 a fun way to spend their time!
Are you looking for a new challenge, where you get the opportunity to play a role in the development of children and to teach them something in an informal way? If you enjoy building something together with other enthusiastic volunteers and if you are also available for a few hours a week, then we are looking for you!
What does a leader do?
- Organizes activities for a group of children, together with other team members
- Organizes weekend camps and the annual summer camp along with other team members
- Guides youth members in their personal development
- Active to improve our association and itself, for example by following training courses
- Participates in group discussions with other volunteers
- Participates with the team and youth members in regional or (inter)national activities.
- Enjoy working with young people; Experience with Scouting is nice but not necessary
- A weekly commitment of 4 hours on average
- Organizational talent and enthusiasm
- Willingness to request or submit a Certificate of Good Behavior (VOG).
- Willingness to dedicate yourself to this position and to develop for it.
Time load estimate:
- Approximately 3 to 4 hours per week (including consultations and preparations)
- Annually two weekend camps and one week of summer camp
- An inspiring function in which you help to offer a pleasant and educational leisure activity to children and young people
- The possibility to follow training courses at Scouting Nederland and Scoutingregio Den Haag
- Gaining many new contacts
- The opportunity to develop yourself further and gain skills that you can use in your life
- A nice addition to your resume.