Legal Advisor for Viable Community
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Viable-Community/opportunities/Legal-Advisor-for-Viable-Community/65266 to join
SummaryWe are seeking self-motivated volunteers with experience in sustainability law to help build and shape our mission to protect and preserve nature
As a Legal Advisor, your role will be to provide legal guidance and support to the organization and its leadership, ensuring that all actions taken by the organization are in compliance with relevant local laws and regulations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Advising on legal matters related to sustainability, environmental protection, and conservation.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Conducting legal research to identify relevant laws, regulations, and precedents.
- Providing guidance on issues relating to intellectual property, such as trademarks and copyright
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure legal compliance in all aspects of the organization's work.
- Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses
- Monitoring the most recent legal developments and informing the team of any new or relevant information.
We are looking for a legal advisor with experience in sustainability law, environmental protection, or related fields. Someone who has strong analytical and critical thinking skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The role will involve ensuring that the organization's actions are legally compliant and aligned with the mission and goals of Viable Community. By providing legal guidance and support, you will be contributing to the success of our mission to protect and preserve nature.
What you’ll get out of volunteer with the Viable Community
- The chance to meet and work with a experienced international team of wonderful volunteers
- Opportunities to learn and grow including training, workshops and networking
- Insight and experience in an organization that works in a different way. We have a Bottom Up Management approach, Self Managing teams and we are working to integrate Holacracy practices
- The opportunity to help make a real change with the potential for paid positions in the future
- An induction with our HR coordinator and training for our online tools such as G-Suite, Slack and ClickUp
- 6 hours a week but ideally more.
- Meetings every 2 weeks, usually in the evenings around 8pm for 1 to 2 hours.
- Flexibility to complete tasks when you are available.
- Remote role that can be based anywhere
- Requires a computer and good internet connection.
- Preferably in the Extremadura region
To apply, complete our Volunteer Application Form.