Youth for Mobility
YFM empowers youth to become effective changemakers in their communities. By helping them develop the skills they need in order to address the societal challenges they care about.
Build one of the strongest brands in the world of youth work!
Scan me or visit www.volunteerthehague.nl/o/Youthformobility/opportunities/Build-one-of-the-strongest-brands-in-the-world-of-youth-work/61074 to join
SummaryAre you passionate about addressing society's most urgent challenges?! And interested in personal development for youth to make a change? Then you MUST read on!
What will you do?
At YFM, we organise training and development opportunities for young leaders to become more influential in their fight for justice. We do so by offering them training and coaching opportunities that build their confidence, capacity and competences to speak up, lobby & campaign for the environment, animal rights, human rights and inclusion.
One of our key priorities for 2023 is to get more youth, more partners and more donors engaged with these activities. And for that we need to market ourselves more professionally. That’s why we’re looking for you! As our branding and communications officer, you’ll be responsible for:
- taking the lead in further developing the YFM brand
- designing products to promote our activities, such as flyers, infopacks, blogposts, etc.
- the day-to-day social media activity
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate for this role:
- is highly motivated to take on the role, with an intention to be involved in the organisation for a longer period of time.
- is willing to step out of their comfort zone, develop new competences, take responsibility, and all of that with a positive mindset.
- affiliates with youth who want to make the world a better place, including their needs.
- is creative, an easy communicator and pays attention to detail
- has an aptitude for selling things and can demonstrate an ability to engage an audience through the use of social media
- has strong visual design skills
- and has English language level C1+
Why should you join us?
Working with (other) youth is inspiring, fun and rewarding! And without doubt enriches you as a person. At YFM:
- you receive on the job coaching and have the possibly to take free training courses according to your needs.
- you work within an international team and with partners with expertise in a variety of subjects, and from all kinds cultures and backgrounds.
- we entrust you with responsibility and stimulate you to dare to make mistakes, whilst offering you a safe space to work in.
With these ingredients you can make great progress in getting your personal learning objectives done, which is after all is one of the things that volunteering should be about!
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Youth for Mobility
Our main activities are intensive, multi-day, international training courses. Where participants learn all about self-expression, project management, stakeholder engagement, coaching, leadership skills, etc. Whilst focusing on a specific topic, which can be any pressing societal issue ranging from gender equality to clean oceans.
And since these societal challenges are complex and global in nature, we involve youth from all walks of life. No matter their background, religion, education, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation, everyone is welcome to join!