Who we are:
Wool for Warmth is a non-profit organization committed to helping homeless people in The Hague by donating winter cloths. The network of knitters and crocheters transforms the old scraps of wool into beautiful hand knitted/crocheted winter gifts for the 39,300 homeless in The Netherlands.
Aren’t we interesting!!
We are growing fast and have lots of people donating their wool and our club members produce many products for the homeless.
We as an organization have adapted to the new one and a half meter social distancing and ensure that as much as possible 1.5 meters can be kept and hygiene and protective equipment taken.
We are currently looking for a Store Assistant Volunteer. If you are a person who likes to work with wool and keep everything in a organized way, send us your CV with a motivational letter.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensure the store is neat and well organized
• Sort all incoming items like wool, needles and winter clothes
• Match and make pairs of the winter clothes to be delivered
• Make kits for the knitting clubs by packing woolen balls and accessories based on the requirements of each clubs
• Quality check on the end products and pack them for delivery to the shelters
• Coordinate with the logistics team volunteers
• Wind the wool yarn and arrange it based on color and size
What you’ll need:
• You manage time effectively
• You pay close attention to details
• You have the ability to work with minimal supervision
• You can operate and set priorities autonomously
• You are fluent in English.
• Time to work as much as you want